Battle of Buxar-1764
- Mir Qasim was defeated in series of battles in 1763 and fled to Avadh, where he formed an alliance with Shuja-ud-Daulah, the Nawab of Avadh, and Shah Alam, the fugitive ruler of Mughal Empire.
- The three allies under Major Munro were defeated by English army on 22nd October, 1764
- Establishment of Diwani rights- The East India Company directly collected its (Bengal, Bihar, Orrisa) revenues
- Battle of Buxar resulted in establishment of British sovereignity in Bengal
- Revealed the political weaknesses and military shortcomings of the Indians and the hollowness of the Mughal Empire